1st Place - $200 evoshield.com Gift Card & EvoShield Prize Pack
2nd Place - $50 evoshield.com Gift Card & EvoShield Prize Pack
3rd Place - EvoShield Prize Pack
Scoring is explained below. Prizes subject to the terms and conditions below.
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO PERSONS WHO ARE: (A) REGISTERED USERS; (B) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO; (C) AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT THE DATE OF ENTRY IN THE CONTEST; AND (D) WITH A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
1. DESCRIPTION: The "D1Softball Bracket Challenge" ("Challenge") is an online women's college softball tournament prediction Challenge. The Challenge sponsor is D1Softball (“Sponsor”), with promotional sponsorship by adidas. The Challenge Administrator is D1Softball (“Administrator”). The Sponsor and Administrator will be referred to herein as the “Challenge Entity”. The Challenge is not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by, the National Collegiate Athletic Association ("NCAA"). THIS CHALLENGE IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes. The Challenge is based on the results of the 2023 NCAA Division I Women's College Softball Tournament (the “Tournament”). “Entrants” (as defined below) will be awarded points by correctly predicting the game winners (“Prediction”) of individual games as detailed below. Prizes will be awarded to those Entrants who have accumulated the most points during the Challenge as described below. Registration will close on Friday, June 1 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET). Limit one entry per registered user. If an Entrant exceeds the entry limitations; the Entrant will be disqualified and no prizes will be awarded. Entrants, based on their skill, knowledge and understanding of Tournament participants, must make their Predictions prior to the start of Regionals on June 1. · Entrants must also predict the total combined score of the best-of-three CWS Finals series. This information will only be used to determine the winner in the event of a point-score tie. Failure to predict a total combined score will result in a loss of any applicable tie-breakers (as described in Section 4). If an entrant achieves a perfect score by correctly predicting all of the eligible games, an additional prize may be awarded.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Challenge is open only to individuals legally residing in the United States, Puerto Rico and other US territories where permitted by law. (Void where restricted or prohibited by law), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of legal majority in their state of primary residence at time of entry (“Entrant”). Each Entrant must be the rightful owner of the e-mail address identified in the Entrant's entry at the time of registration. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed the person in whose name the email account was opened. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of D1Softball.com or agents, representatives and promotion and advertising agencies, together with the Immediate Family Members and/or Household Members of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Challenge. Challenge void where prohibited. If you are a college athlete or expect to be one, your participation in this Challenge could affect your NCAA eligibility. For purposes of the Challenge, "Household Members“ shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year and "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
3. HOW TO REGISTER AND SELECT PICKS: To participate in the Challenge, you must have a D1softball.com account (“Account”). If you already have an Account, go to: https://bracket-challenge.d1softball.com/ (the “Website”) during the Registration Period, log into your account, and follow the instructions to register for the Challenge. If you do not already have an Account, go to the Website during the Registration Period and complete the online registration to create an Account. You must also select a username and password. Entrants must then return to the Website during the Selection Period, log-in to their Account and predict one (1) winner for each game in the Tournament. The Challenge Entity may send reminder emails during the Selection Period to Entrants who have registered to participate but haven’t yet submitted Predictions. The Entrant will make the Prediction by clicking on the team name they believe will advance to the next round of the Tournament. Incomplete or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. All information provided by Entrant becomes the property of Challenge Entity. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED.
4. SCORING: Entrants will earn points based on correct prediction of winning teams in the Tournament games. The number of points awarded for each correct pick of a winning game of the Tournament will increase with each round of the Tournament. Points will be awarded as follows:
• Round 1: 1 point per pick (32 regional finalists)
• Round 2: 2 points per pick (regional winners, i.e., the 16 super regional teams)
• Round 3: 4 points per pick (super regional winners, i.e., the Omaha 8)
• Round 4: 6 points per pick (CWS semifinalists, i.e., the final four)
• Round 5: 8 points per pick (CWS finalists)
• Championship: 10 points per pick (national champion)
At the conclusion of the Tournament, Entrants scores will be calculated and prizes will be awarded to the top scoring Entrants as described below. In the event of a tie, ties will be broken in the following order:
• Tie-breaker #1 - Entrant's Number of points scored in Round 5
• Tie-breaker #2 - Entrant's Number of points scored in Round 4
• Tie-breaker #3 - Entrant's Number of points scored in Round 3
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The one (1) Entrant with the highest point score at the end of the Challenge (or after all necessary tie-breakers have been applied) will be declared the First Prize winner, pending eligibility verification (each a “First Prize Winner”). The Entrants with the next four (4) highest point scores at the end of the Challenge (or after all necessary tie-breakers have been applied) will be declared the Second Prize winners, pending eligibility verification. The Entrants with the next 10 highest point scores at the end of the Challenge will be declared the Third Prize winners, pending eligibility verification. All winners will be notified via email at the email address listed in their Challenge Registration on or about June 30, 2023. Selected winners will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Prize winners will be required to verify eligibility and to execute before a notary public and return within five (5) days an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) covering eligibility, liability, advertising, publicity and media appearance issues, unless prohibited by law. The failure of any winner to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Administrator may re-award the prize to an alternate winner according to point scores. Prizes will not be awarded until all such properly executed forms are returned.
1st Place - $200 evoshield.com Gift Card & EvoShield Prize Pack
2nd Place - $50 evoshield.com Gift Card & EvoShield Prize Pack
3rd Place - EvoShield Prize Pack
An EvoShield Prize Pack consists of two(2) hats (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $50), two (2) t-shirts (ARV: $50), and one (1) backpack (ARV: $100). Total ARV of the EvoShield Prize Pack: $200. Limit one (1) prize per Household. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer any prize to another person. No cash or prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Challenge Entity. If a prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Challenge Entity, a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value may be awarded. The ARV of any prize represents Challenge Entity good faith determination of the maximum retail value thereof. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. The ARV of any prize is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. The prizes are awarded WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, without limitation. If prizes are awarded but unclaimed/forfeited by recipient, prize may not be re-awarded, in Challenge Entity’s sole discretion. Other restrictions may apply.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Challenge is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Challenge Entity, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Challenge and/or by accepting any prize, each Entrant agrees to release and indemnify the Challenge Entity and EvoShield; as well as each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, units and divisions and advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals' respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the " Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Challenge and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Acceptance of a prize authorizes the Challenge Entity and their assigns to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Challenge Entity and their assigns, including EvoShield, are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Challenge Entity's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Challenge, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Challenge, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Challenge, but in no event will Entrant's attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The Released Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) the Entrant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Challenge. Challenge Entity assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant's computer system, which is occasioned by accessing the Website, or participating in the Challenge, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Challenge Entity reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Challenge (or any portion of the Challenge) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or proper play of the Challenge and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Challenge Entity. Challenge Entity may prohibit you from participating in the Challenge or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants or Challenge Entity representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CHALLENGE ENTITY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR THE CHALLENGE ENTITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHALLENGE, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEBRASKA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CHALLENGE ENTITY, THEIR PARENT, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, WEB MASTERS/SUPPLIERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S IN THE CHALLENGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES, THE CHALLENGE AND THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE CHALLENGE ENTITY HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT .SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Challenge, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Challenge, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the "Forum") and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the Entrant and Sponsor. The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Challenge. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant's and/or Sponsor's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
12. Sponsor and Adminstrator: D1Softball Holdings, LLC, 13253 Hamilton Street, Omaha, NE 68154.
13. LIST OF WINNERS/RULE REQUESTS : For the list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “D1Softball Bracket Challenge” Winner List or Rules, D1Softball Holdings, LLC, 13253 Hamilton Street, Omaha, NE 68154 (VT Residents may omit return postage) by July 1, 2023.